Mauritius is a beautiful place. You must have just heard this, but it is very important to go there and see that what all does this place holds. This is called heaven on earth and there has to be some specific reason behind it. It is the place that a guide cant tell you everything about this place. It has so many things much more beyond your thinking and of course the things that are not much spoken about. Mauritius has some astonishing destinations that one must visit even if the guide hasn’t told you about.
But to explore all these hidden gems one must have a car so that you can discover all of them in a short period that might not be possible with public transport.
You must be thinking about where you are going to get a car now? Well, Mauritius island car rental facilities are amazing. One can easily book a car at a pocket-friendly price and start the excursion on your own. This sounds so amazing!
Now let’s take a glance at the alluring experience that you will soon have in Mauritius.
- La vanilla Nature Park: If you have kids on the trip and you don’t want them to get bored, then this is an amazing spot for them to discover. An ideal place with a green cover spread all over makes a healthy destination for the kids. You can walk among the largest group of captive-bred enormous Aldabra tortoises in the world. Imagine this park holds more than 1000 tortoises, 2000+ Nile Crocodiles, and other varieties of animals as well like iguanas, bats, deer, and more. Not just the kids but everyone else will also enjoy it.
- Pont Naturel: Hearing about the formations through volcanic eruptions is one thing but witnessing the same thing in front of your eyes is different. It looks like a man-made bridge though it is formed through volcanic eruptions. It is the part of the cliff at Gris- Gris. You will always listen to the whistling sound here when the water passes through the holes. Though the weather is pleasant here because of the trees you can also find shelter if the temperature increases & also get amazing Mauritius island car rental.
- Rochester falls: It is such a stunner and spectacular place that is surrounded by the nature. You will be spellbound with the abundance of greenery around. This spot lies in the South of Mauritius on the Savanne District and the thick waterfalls will be a beautiful sight for the tourist. It is one of the biggest attractions for tourists.
- Black River Gorges National Park: Greenery is the only thing that everyone admires and adores. This area holds 2% of the green island surface that is quite a good cover. This place is perfect for a hiking experience with 60km of beautiful trails. Eco-freaks is a must-visit place for you. The rare plant species are found here that will leave you jaw-dropped. Some of these that are beyond doubt worth a prospect are The Trochetia, the Chinese Guava, the Dodotree, the Tree of Travelers, Verbena, Ox Tongue, and vivacious plants like Orchids and Anthurium.
- Le Morne viewpoint: It is one of the phenomenal UNESCO World Heritage sites located in Southwestern Mauritius. It has a significant role in history and this is the reason why one should visit here. The runaway slaves use to take shelter here in the 18th and 19th centuries. The ominous basaltic rock peak dotted with the caves is the main point of attraction here.
- Pieter Both Mountains: Well, mountains are one of the attractions of Mauritius found in different varieties and known for different things. Similarly Pieter Both is the most ideal mountain of Mauritius and is the second-highest one. It was named after the Dutch East Indies Governor-General name. But this place is completely about adventure and is mainly considered suitable for hikers, you cant climb without the climbing gears. So if anyone of you loves adventure then go for it.
- La Cambuse- You can swim out your heart here. This is the most iconic destination for swimmers and one of the most popular destinations among tourists as well. It is also termed the undiscovered spot of Mauritius because not many people are aware of it. The white sand and the glittery water attract you to swim here. You can reach here easily as it is located east side of the Airport. This is another option to get the adrenaline rush.
Mauritius is a destination that can let one make fond memories here. International trips surely leave a mark on everyone’s mind but Mauritius will stay in your heart forever. These hidden gems are the most visiting place for you, so make sure you are going there soon.