If your Linksys range extender shows error popups while installing, well, don’t worry, you click on the right page. In this article, we will tell you about every setup process, including the information of both methods. Linksys range extender are one of the most user-friendly brands. Extenders are used to extend the network coverage of your existing router up to 2500 feet.
Before we start, let me ask you a question about your extender device.
Are you trying to install an old Linksys WiFi range extender?
If yes, we did advise you to reset your range extender to its default factory settings before performing the installation procedure because you already tried to install that extender many times. To start from scratch, we have to run the reset procedure.
Once done, let’s move towards the extender. Linksys. Setup installation procedure.
Install your Linksys WiFi range extender using extender.Linksys.setup web portal
There are two methods by which you can install your Linksys WiFi range extender. Those are:
- WiFi protected setup method
- Manual setup method
Both the methods are easy to perform in their way depending on your Linksys extender model. In this informative guide, we will explain the manual process so that you can easily install any of your extender devices.
To do so, follow the below-mentioned information carefully.
- Unbox your extender carefully according to the information given in the manual booklet.
- Now take your Linksys extender in the same room with your router and plug your extender device into the nearest electric socket.
- Turn your extender device on by pressing the on/off switch.
- Let the LED indicators of your extender device get stable.
- Now take an Ethernet cable and connect your extender device and router via LAN port.
- Make sure that the ethernet cable you are using is not damaged.
- Now take a WiFi-enabled personal computer and launch an updated web browser.
- Click on the address bar and type extender.linksys.setup and hit the enter key.
- You are now automatically redirected to the new extender setup portal.
- Click on the new extender setup.
- Now create an account by entering the essential admin information in the given blocks.
- Follow the on-screen instructions carefully.
- Your default credentials must be,
- Username- admin
- Password- password
- Now look for the available network present in your area from the given network list.
- Click on your Linksys extender new network and get connected to it.
- Follow other essential on-screen information till the setup process is complete.
- Once done, click the Finish icon to save your settings.
- Your Linksys WiFi range extender installs successfully.
Where to place Linksys WiFi range extender after the installation procedure is complete?
Once you have successfully performed the extender.Linksys. Setup installation procedure, remove the ethernet wire and place your Linksys extender in the middle of your existing router and the place where you want to extend the network coverage. Ensure that your extender device receives proper signals from your router to fill the dead zone with good internet connectivity. After that, connect your smart devices to your new Linksys extender network and enjoy streaming at every footstep.
Let us know if you are facing any other issues regarding Linksys WiFi range extenders.