Energy is the main concern of the Indian government right now. Given that the number of ACs have risen, it’s only imperative that government would introduce some measure to curb consumption of electrical power. That measure came in the form of BEE certification in the early 2000s.
Seeing the plight of energy in India, the central government of that time decided that it was time to introduce some measures that make the electrical appliances more:
- Efficient and,
- less power consuming
To ensure that all of the above mentioned aspects are met, the government introduced BEE certification. It’s a certification process through which the Bureau of Energy efficiency rates electrical appliances based on their star rating in India.
Read Other Useful Content: Dealer Certification
The Air Conditioner, the wonder tool that can make you experience freezing winters inside while it’s sweltering heat outside, was the first product to come under the BEE jurisdiction. And when we say jurisdiction, we mean to say it became mandatory for the makers of AC to get BEE registration in India.
Are you an Air Conditioner Manufacturer? If so, this blog is going to guide you in getting BEE certification or star rating in India.
Registering the brand: The first part of BEE certification process
As you can imagine, the year 2021 has practically made most licensing processes online, BEE certification is no different. The application filing, the document submission, and even the payment of fee is done via the online portal. The steps for it are as follows:
- Go to the official BEE certification portal: beeindia[dot]gov[dot]in
- Register yourself as a new user. Once you’re successful, you’ll get access to the dashboard.
- Click on the brand registration button.
- Enter the details of the brand. As you enter the details, at certain sections you’ll receive prompts to upload the mandatory documents. List of said documents is as below:
- Trademark certificate (if you’ve registered your brand)
- Details of your factory in which you’re manufacturing the air conditioner
- BIS certificate for Air Conditioner
- Quality Management Certification for the factory
- Small Scale Industry Certification (if applicable)
- Submit the fees and finish the application’s submission.
A few days later, you’ll receive a notification in your email stating the brand registration certificate number. The more stars you manage to acquire your product, the more trusted it would become. Consequently, even if you put a steep (yet reasonable) price on it, people would accept it wholeheartedly.
Other Content: Uplinking and Downlinking
Getting the model registration: A BEE registration process that’s both online and offline
As the BEE needs to test your product to grant it a star rating, the process of model registration is both online and offline. The steps for it are as follows:
- Login to your BEE account
- Under the brand you’ve registered, you’ll see the tab for BEE model registration.
- Select it and enter the model details.
- if you want to get star rating for more than one AC models, you can click on the [+] symbol to add more models.
- Pay the fee. it would be INR 2,000/- per model basis.
- Submit the application.
- After submission, you’ll see a prompt to download the application.
- Do so and take it’s print out.
- Attach the application form with the following articles before mailing it to the address mentioned in the application.
- Cover letter
- Test report from an NABL accredited lab
- Declaration letter that you’ve entered the correct details in the application form
- Specimen of the air conditioner.
- An agreement format to be signed with the BEE
After math of submitting both the application
Once you submit the application form, BEE would start to scrutinize it.
It would start with your application form, then your documents, and finally, your Air Conditioner.
If it encounters any mistakes during the assessment of the application or the document, it would notify you to fix them.
Once you do, BEE would initiate testing the air conditioner in their in house lab.
Depending upon the energy efficiency, your Air conditioner would get the star rating that it deserves.
While it’s true that BEE certification is mandatory, it also has several perks. The greatest among them is access to a marketing asset in the form of star-rating. The more stars you manage to acquire your product, the more trusted it would become. Consequently, even if you put a steep (yet reasonable) price on it, people would accept it wholeheartedly.
But these can only happen if you manage to obtain the BEE certification on time. And that’s where we can help you. Get the five star rating you’ve always wanted by contacting Registrationwala.
If you want to enhance the marketability of your AC, you must know the BEE certification process to get star rating for your air conditioner. Read this blog and unlock the steps you need to take. For further information, contact Registrationwala. Check out: IPLC License