CCTV cameras unspoken universally determine criminals’ fear of the law. It is obvious that users cannot afford to lose CCTV footage, especially when it is critical.
To recover deleted CCTV footage when it is crucial for certain conditions. How to retrieve CCTV Footage from DVR hard disk? Hard Drive Data Recovery Software is recommended.
How to Recover Deleted CCTV Video
This blog will show you three proven methods to recover permanently deleted CCTV footage. You can use any method that suits you:
- Retrieve Deleted CCTV Video from Backup
- How to Recover Permanently Deleted CCTV Video
- How to Recover Deleted DVR Video
Why Do We Need CCTV Cameras?
Can you recover deleted CCTV footage? The importance of CCTV cameras is explained here.
- It records and monitors in real-time.
- In a crime, the user has evidence to snap the suspect.
- Individuals and businesses use it for activity assurance.
- The user is at ease when he is aware of visitors and employees.
Reasons for Uncertain CCTV Footage Deletion
So now we need to know why CCTV footage is deleted and how to recover data from DVR hard disc. The answer is here.
- Bad sectors that can cause hard drive failure
- Storage Disk Bugs
- A user deletes CCTV footage inadvertent
- Faulty DVR disc
- CCTV storage cards corrupted
- DVR camera physical damage
The user inquires. Reconstruire defects Definite recovery of CCTV footage. Before learning how to recover deleted CCTV footage, you should know a few things.
- Use a working DVR hard drive.
- Adding or deleting data from the drive will overwrite existing data, making it difficult to recover overwritten CCTV footage.
- Don’t format the CCTV hard drive because it makes overwriting and recovering more difficult.
Can I Recover Deleted CCTV?
The simple answer is YES if you have followed the above steps. Learn to get data from the DVR hard disc using these three methods.
Method 1:- Restore Deleted CCTV video from backup.
If you have created separate backup storage for CCTV footage, you can simply select it and move it to the DVR Hard Drive. If you don’t have a backup, we’ll show you how to recover deleted CCTV footage in the next section.
Note: Always store CCTV footage on a different device.
2. Recover Deleted CCTV Footage using Software
This solution is guaranteed to recover deleted CCTV footage. Follow these steps to get data from DVR hard disc in practical application.
- Install and run the hard drive deleted data software. Select the CCTV drive to scan for lost footage.
Scan in SCAN mode. Formatted Scan mode is only for formatted data.
Tips: If the attached drive isn’t visible on the home page, click Refresh View.
- After the scan, the left panel will show all the folders. By clicking [+], you can see all subfolders within a folder.
- Select the Videos folders in the filter options to get data from the DVR hard disc.
- Recover data from a specific date range using the utility’s Date Range filter.
- Now choose where to save the recovered data. Either navigate to the location or create a new folder. The recovered files will be saved here.
- After the CCTV footage transfer is complete, you will see a confirmation message.
How to get data from DVR hard disc and store it where you want?
Method 3: Recover Deleted CCTV Video Using CMD
Practicing cmd (Control prompt) commands can also help recover deleted CCTV footage.
- Prompt Open (CMD)
- Right-click the Start key and select Run. OR To open the Run prompt, press the Window and X keys together (Win+X). Press Enter for cmd.
- Type chkdsk space Drive Letter /f (the /f parameter fixes detected disc errors). Wait for the command to finish.
- Use these parameters to fix errors and recover data.
-h: Shows Hidden attributes.
-r: locates bad sectors and recovers Read-only data.
/s tells the system to look for a path.
Command Prompt Omissions (CMD)
While Command Prompt does not require any additional devices to recover deleted CCTV footage, it does have some flaws.
- Inexperienced users should avoid Command Prompt. It is only for experts.
- CMD has limitations; if the files are infected, the chances of recovering CCTV camera data are reduced.
- Permanently deleted files are difficult to recover. Inadequate knowledge causes data corruption or loss.
- To recover deleted CCTV footage, the command prompt is not a universal solution.
If the user needs to recover deleted CCTV footage from the DVR drive, they search for a solution.
How to recover permanently deleted CCTV footage? In some cases, the native solution fails to deliver results and fails to meet the user’s expectations. CCTV data recovery software is the best solution to recover lost CCTV footage.