The on-demand taxi booking business is growing rapidly due to individual’s inevitable need to travel from one place to other. There is much uncertainty about getting a cab whenever and wherever people need without pre-booking. That’s why individuals have found taxi booking apps like Uber very useful and easy to book a taxi without any headache. These days many Uber-like taxi applications are being launched in the market so that competition has arisen to introduce a successful taxi app for the business.
If you’re an owner of the traditional taxi business or startup looking to enter the transportation industry, then you must consider developing an Uber clone app to boost your service in the market.
Uber clone app is nothing but a clone app of an already successful app Uber that has all the features and functionality in it. If you are running an offline taxi booking business, it is difficult to maintain all the records manually. Thus, you require software or application to handle it effortlessly.
The number of users in the taxi market and ride healing is augmenting very quickly. There were over 1350 million users in 2017. The number is expected to reach more than 1570 million in 2024. Therefore, this is high time for you to develop your own taxi booking app and stay ahead of your competitors.
But, before creating an app like Uber, the primary thing is to know how it works. Continue reading to know the workflow of the Uber clone app:
How does the Uber clone app work?
- First, customers have to register themselves with their email id or phone number, or can directly log in through social media accounts such as Facebook, Twitter, etc.
- After successful login, customers request taxi rides by mentioning their pickup and drop-off location.
- Further, the request is sent to the nearby drivers. A driver can either accept or reject the request based on availability. If he rejects a request, it will automatically transfer to the nearest driver.
- At the end of the ride, the payment will be auto deducted or by cash. Customers pay via multiple payments options available in the application such as credit/debit cards, in-app wallets or cash.
- At last, customers can share their ratings based on the service they received.
Why develop an Uber clone app?
- Comprehend people’s demand
- Customers need assurance
- Availability of drivers
- Grab people’s attention
- Ensure individuals’ comfort
- Develop a user-friendly app
- Avail safety precautions
Significances of developing an on-demand taxi booking app:
The app is available on both platforms (Android & iOS) to improve the reach.
The people will get seamless services and a good UI is provided.
The admin can monitor all the processes happening in the business. The admin can also manage drivers, customers, transactions, analytics reports, offers and discounts, etc.
How do you make money with an Uber-like app?
Commission: By launching an application like Uber, you can charge a commission from both riders and drivers. You can charge riders on ride cancellation and earn a commission from drivers for giving them jobs.
Sponsored ads: As millions of individuals utilize cab services every day, companies can benefit from running the advertisements. You can also collaborate with other taxi services applications to offer discounts on services.
Booking a taxi through an online taxi booking app is always satisfying as it is easy to access and beneficial for the customers. And these are the key reasons for its accomplishment. So if you have been influenced to launch your own ride-hailing application then hopefully you have got the answers to your questions. With this post, you must have learned how developing an app like Uber will flourish the offline business. Still, if you have any doubt to get commenced with the app development process, then it is worth hiring a reliable taxi app development company to get a perfect solution.