Extenders are becoming the need of every household and workplace these days. The extender is used to extend the network coverage; Linksy extenders can extend the range of your existing router upto 2500 feet. This article will tell you how to perform linksys extender setup in a couple of minutes. Almost every linksys extender is set up with the help of two methods.
- Wifi protected setup method
- Manual setup method
As an example, we are operating Linksys RE6700 Setup. Stick with the article till the end to capture complete information.
Run your Linksys extender setup using extender.linksys.com
There is no need to perform a strict setup process when you can easily install your linksys extender. Further in this information, we will tell you the right way to establish your linksys extender setup. Whether you are a regular user or not, you can do it without any outside help. Without wasting any more time, let’s move to the setup process.
- First of all, if you are using an old Linksys extender, please reset it to its factory setting before performing the web installation process.
- But, if you are using a new linksys extender, unbox it carefully, as mentioned in the manual booklet.
- Then, take your extender to the room where your router is plug in.
- Once done, plug your linksys extender in the nearest electricity plug.
- Press the on/off switch to turn your extender device ONN.
- Now look for the WPS button on your extender.
- Press and hold the WPS button for almost 20 seconds and then release it.
- Now move to your router and look for the WPS button and repeat the same process.
- Once the WPS indicators start blinking, take your wifi to enable PC and open it.
- Look for the updated version of the web browser on your pc and launch it.
- Now click on the address bar and type extender.linksys.com
- Hit the enter key.
- You are on a new linksys extender web setup portal.
- Enter the admin credentials in the given username and password blocks.
- Now click on the login button.
- You are now successfully entered into the installation process.
- Click on next and carefully follow every on-screen instruction.
- You will be prompt to ask a few security questions because you can redeem it by answering these questions if you ever forget your password.
- Now look for the available network in your area from the list.
- Select your linksys extender network and click on it to connect.
- Once connected, it’s time to relocate your extender to the correct location.
Where to place your linksys extender?
Follow the below-mentioned information carefully to know where to place your extender after the installation is complete.
- According to us, keep your extender in the middle of your existing router and the place where you want to extend the network coverage. Make sure that your linksys extender receives proper signals from your router to boost better quality.
- After that, take any of your smart devices and tap on its wifi icon.
- Look for your linksys extender network and click on it to connect.
- Once it connects, run a test video to check if the internet is working or not.
- If it works, congratulations, you are all set.
If there is any other issue regarding linksys extender setup, let us know and get better assistance ASAP.
Is this information helpful?