Yoga and nutritious food is a good way to lead a healthy life. If you take out a few minutes in your daily routine for yoga, then there is nothing better than this. A few minutes of yoga practice every day not only keeps the body fit, but can also help in keeping the mind calm. We are talking about one such asana, which is called Gomukhasana. It is easy to do and can help in keeping many diseases away. We will tell you how to do Gomukhasana and the benefits of Gomukhasana as well as the precautions of Gomukhasana. The benefit of doing Gomukhasana is only when it is done regularly and at the same time a balanced diet is also consumed.
If you are a fitness freak and want to know more about yoga poses, then you can join a 300 hour yoga teacher training in Rishikesh, India.
Meaning of Gomukhasana
One of the various asanas of yoga is Gomukhasana. This yogasana is counted in the category of hatha yoga. Gomukhasana is known as cow face pose in English. It is made up of two words: cow and mouth. Gau means cow and mukh means face.
How to do Gomukhasana Yoga-
- To do Gomukhasana, sit in the posture of Dandasana.
- Keeping the legs straight in front, keep taking and releasing the mother-in-law as normal.
- First of all, bend your right leg from the knee and bring it near the left buttock.
- Similarly, bend the left leg over the right leg and bring it near the other buttock.
- Note that the knees should be in a normal line on top of each other.
- Now bend the right hand and take it behind the back from over the shoulder.
- Bend the left hand and move it from the side of the waist to the back.
- Fold the fingers of both the hands and entangle them in each other.
- The back and neck should be straight.
- Inhale and exhale normally, focusing on the front.
- Keep the body still in this position for a few seconds.
- After stabilizing the body, return to normal form.
- Now repeat in the same way by folding your left leg and turning the right leg over the left leg.
Precautions of Gomukhasana-
- While doing this asana, keep the spine and neck straight.
- If there is difficulty in turning the hands backwards or holding each other, a towel or cloth may be used.
- Many people have difficulty in bending the legs, so before doing Gomukhasana, you can do some others like butterfly posture, virasana, padmasana, doing these asanas helps in making the legs flexible.
- After doing this asana, breathing should be done normally.
- Do not be hasty or force while doing this asana.
Who should not do Gomukhasana?
- Gomukhasana should not be done by those people who have severe pain in hands, feet, knees and spine.
- Pregnant women should not do this asana.
- People who have bloody piles should not do this asana.
- If you have had any kind of serious illness or operation, then do it only under the advice or supervision of a yoga expert.
- If there is any kind of problem while doing this asana, then a yoga expert should be supervised.
When and how long to do Gomukhasana-
- This asana can be done in the morning or in the evening on an empty stomach, but the maximum benefit is obtained by doing it in the morning.
- People who keep doing yoga can easily do it for 1 to 2 minutes but those who are starting should do it for 10 to 20 seconds then gradually increase the time limit.
Benefits of Gomukhasana-
- If you look at the benefits of Gomukhasana, then doing it stretches the arms, shoulders, back, thighs, hips and chest, which makes the muscles strong and flexible.
- Regular practice of this asana provides relief in asthma.
- This asana is beneficial in back pain.
- By doing this asana, the spine can be made flexible and strong.
- This asana is beneficial to stop the growth of testicles.
- Practicing this asana helps to relieve stress and anxiety.
- This asana is beneficial in problems like piles.
If you want to know more about yoga poses, then you can join a 300 hour yoga teacher training in Rishikesh, India.