Now a day, Smart Home Technology is progressively becoming the norm. There are many voice recognition devices to make our busy lives easier. Amazon’s Echo dot is one of the smart speakers introduced by Amazon. It is a great starting point because it is affordable to anyone. It requires minimal effort to operate and helps you complete your small tasks around your home. They integrate with Alexa voice recognition technology. So you can relax and take care of stuff, she will do the work for you.
What is Amazon Alexa Echo Dot?
Amazon Echo Dot is a popular voice-controlled speaker with Alexa. It offers similar smart-home perks like voice recognition and Alexa-enabled functions. It has a small shape that is a match for compact living spaces.
Echo Dot’s third generation is an upgraded version of Echo Dot’s second generation. It is most the famous Smart Speaker with a fabric design. It also improved speaker quality than Echo two. Moreover; it is ready to create routines to start and end your day and also built with multiple layers of privacy controls including a microphone off/on the button.
However, the new version of the Amazon Echo Dot is Echo Dot’s fourth generation. It is also with sleek, compact design and balanced bass for a full sound. It is very different than the previous one. Both the Echo Dot has the same Alexa technology, but Amazon has added a few new features to the new one such as Alexa Guard Plus, a subscription-based home security service, and Care Hub. It allows you to use Alexa to keep an eye on elderly members.
Both Echo Dots come with a clock on an LED display. And also, the 3rd Echo Dot with a clock is similar to the 3rd Gen Echo. There is also a smart speaker for our kids. The Kids Edition Echo Dot is the cutest smart speaker with its panda or tiger designs and softball size. It comprises a year of Amazon’s Kids Plus program, kid-friendly audiobooks, skills, and games as well as parental controls.
The differences between the Alexa Echo Dot 3rd Gen and Echo Dot 4th Gen
Buttons and interface: The new Echo Dot has volume up or down microphone mute, and action buttons that peek out from the fabric at the top of the speaker. It is similar to previous Dots, but the buttons are now more closely clustered together than on 3rd Dots.
Design: The 3rd and 4th gen Dots have almost identical circumferences at their widest points, but the new model is near twice as tall and intimidating as its predecessor. The extra height provided by a spherical design necessitated the addition of a third driving under the hood.
The design is refreshing, but it reminds you of the previous Dot because it uses the same subdued mesh-covered design. Similarly, the top half of the ball-shaped speaker is covered in fabric mesh, while the bottom half is made of plastic and has a flat rubberized base.
|3rd Generation||4th Generation|
|Design||Fabric surround||Light ring surround|
|Shape||Round edge||Spherical shape|
|LED clock display||Clock with time, timers on an LED display||Clock with time, a timer on an LED display, and an alarm clock|
|Sound quality||1.6-inch speaker||1.6-inch speaker(Front-firing for better sound efficiency)|
|Alexa a built-in||Yes||Yes|
|Wi-Fi connectivity||Dual-band Wi-Fi support||Dual-band Wi-Fi support|
What can Alexa Echo Dot Do?
- It is Alexa-enabled. You can talk to Alexa whenever you want.
- It is interconnected with a large number of smart devices.
- Most other connected home devices are friendly with this.
- Alexa has many skills and is still rising, so you can do anything.
- Complete intercom service with other Echo devices in your smart home. It allows you to make and receive calls and messages without having to pick up the phone.
- You can check in on your kids or elderly relatives through this groundbreaking change in on-demand contact.
- You can put the Amazon Echo Dot almost anywhere since it’s small in size. It’s also a first-class travel kit.
- The setup process is so easy.
What Alexa can do for you?
- Amazon Music, SiriusXM, Pandora, Spotify, Deezer, iHeartRadio, and TuneIn all provide audio streaming on the Echo Dot.
- Most of the top brands integrated with Alexa, from the best smart thermostats to the best smart lights to smart locks, smart light switches, smart plugs, and home security cameras.
- Amazon is also working on smart home Routines, which let you monitor many smart home devices with a single order, such as “Alexa Goodnight” to switch off all the lights and lock the doors.
- The ability to use Alexa to message and call, to check in on other Alexa devices, and to send a message to all of your Echo devices.
- Amazon continues to launch new smart home partners, so there are so many Alexa-enable devices available.
Alexa Echo dot setup
Firstly, you want to download or update the Alexa app in your mobile device’s app store.
- You must plug in your Echo dot device
- Open the Alexa app on your device
- Then, open more and select Add a device
- Select Amazon Echo dot and more
- Follow the commands to set up your Echo dot.
Price ranges of Alexa Echo dot
The Echo Dot new Gen is a fantastic entry-level smart speaker that leaves us with few complaints and attracts attention with its new design. The design and slightly quieter audio quality are two compelling reasons to buy this speaker. The third Generation Dot is still a good option If you want to save even more money.
|Amazon Echo Dot 3rd Gen||Amazon Echo Dot 4th Gen|
|Colors||Charcoal, Gray, Sandstone, and Plum||Charcoal, Glacier white, Twilight blue|
|Size||3.9”x 3.9” x 1.7”||3.9” x 3.9” x 3.5”|
|Weight||300 g||341.3 g|
|System requirements||Compatible with fire OS, Android, and iOS devices||Compatible with fire OS, Android, and iOS devices|
Are you debating which Smart Speaker to get into your home? The new Echo Dot is a fantastic smart speaker, but despite its new design and enhanced audio, it seems to be optional if you’re looking for the best value for money entry-level smart speaker. The Echo 3rd Generation is still a better option, but with slightly lowers audio quality.