Shopify is one of the most popular and reliable eCommerce platforms that help businesses set up their online business from scratch. Shopify is well known for its rich features and easy-to-use features. Today, more than millions of businesses are running their website on Shopify. However, only setting up a business is not enough to generate revenue. It is pivotal to optimize your Shopify store for the search engines like Google and Bing to get your website discovered by your potential customers.
One of the main factors that contribute to the success of the Shopify webstore is its design and user interface. The easier it is for the customers to find your store, the more likely they will shop from your webstore. Therefore, it is a good idea to hire a Shopify Web Development Company that will help you design your website according to your business requirements.
SEO for Shopify Store
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is one of the most important aspects of any eCommerce store. A good SEO strategy helps your website rank on top of search results pages. There are a variety of factors that contribute to the growth of SEO capabilities in Shopify. SEO optimization for Shopify stores is a broad topic that requires detailed analysis. Therefore, hiring Shopify SEO Services for your business can help you grow your website traffic and sales. This guide covers all the fundamental and technical aspects of SEO optimization for increasing visitors and sales on your Shopify store.
The On-page SEO refers to the SEO optimization you make on your website’s pages by incorporating certain keywords that your targeted audience search while looking for a product. You can edit your website landing pages, blogs, and products details from the dashboard of the Shopify website. Here are some of the most important factors that affect On-page SEO in Shopify;
- Analytics- Google- Analytics provides information about people’s behavior and actions while going through your website.
- Domain and Security- You can either go for a custom domain from Shopify or opt for the free version. However, the custom domain looks much more professional and increases the chances of your website’s ranking on search engines.
- Site Speed- No visitors will like to buy products from a website that takes a lot of time in loading pages.
- Image Optimization- Images provide details about your products. Therefore, it is essential to optimize your product’s images on the website.
- Duplicate Pages – Most businesses put all the products of the same category on collection pages. This creates two pages of the same product; the first one is the original product page, and the second one is that of the collection page. This might confuse search engines about which page should be indexed and ranked.
- Architecture Issues- URLs play a significant role in the ranking of a website. When you look at a product page URL in Shopify, it appears in the structure of: myshopifystorename.com/products/product-name. Users can only modify the last part of the structure according to the name of the product. Therefore, it becomes essential to use descriptive words that convey clear information about products. However, it is not possible to modify the URL structure of Shopify. This leaves little space for using descriptive words in the URL.
- Product Schema- Schema is the structured technical code that enables the search engines to understand the website’s content. Product Schemas are mostly available in Shopify themes; however, sometimes some additional data structured is required for certain pages like FAQS schema.
The best way to organically grow your Shopify webstore is by engaging your audience with the content on your website. Content provides your website greater visibility by informing the customers about your website’s products and services. It is important that you use the content with relevant keywords in your website that will help in ranking the website on the search engines and increasing the website’s traffic. You should dive into detailed keyword research to understand what your customers are looking for and the problems you can solve for them. When you put valuable and informative content for your visitors, the search engine automatically ranks your website page on top of search results. As a new eCommerce website, it is common to make certain mistakes. If you struggle to implement the right strategies for your Shopify store, you can consider hiring a Shopify SEO Agency for your business.
SEO is a broad and dynamic subject. Every now and then, google tends to make changes to its algorithm, which results in affecting website traffic. If you are starting your eCommerce business with Shopify, it is important to know about the SEO functionalities and tools of the platform. Unfortunately, many people struggle to implement SEO techniques for their eCommerce websites, resulting in low traffic and minimum conversion rates. Hiring a Shopify SEO Service Agency is a great way to start with. A certified and professional agency will take care of all the technicalities of SEO, and you can focus on other aspects of your business.